The NABC informs, advocates for and brings together a powerful membership of growers, fruit brokers, processors, food manufacturers, and others connected to the blueberry industry. Together, we navigate the opportunities and challenges of today so we can better plan for the future.
We work for our members by:
- Eliminating trade barriers to ensure competitive global market access
- Managing and communicating key issues
- Delivering data such as seasonal crop reports, monthly cold storage figures and yearly production data
- Supporting good industry practices by providing members with relevant education and information
- Representing the industry when critical issues arise
Our mission is to be the united voice, advocate, and resource serving the interests of the highbush blueberry industry.
Our vision is to serve as a recognized leader and trusted partner in addressing issues, opportunities and industry practices that drive success and profitability in the production and distribution of blueberries in North America and around the world.
Establishing National Blueberry Month
The NABC laid the groundwork to officially recognize July as “National Blueberry Month” through decades of work with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). The first proclamation was issued by USDA in 1974, and in 2020, the NABC successfully introduced a resolution in the U.S. House of Representatives that reflects the incredible growth, value and impact our industry has on the economy and our communities.